Job Title: Azure Data Engineer
JOB ID: 20-04281
Azure / SQL Data Engineer
Direct hire - Remote Positions
Senior Data Engineer researches, designs, and develops data solutions for actively growing organization using Azure Data Services and Microsoft SQL Server technologies.
- Participates in Agile software development projects to design, code, and test database schemas and stored procedures to deliver quality services promptly.
- Works closely with out IT Operations DBAs to implement standard procedures for proper use of database systems.
- Translates user stories to tasks relating to process and data requirements.
- Constructs diagrams to describe the processing of data and development of precise steps and processing logic across all platforms.
- Develops/codes complex application components based on detail designs developed from business user stories
- Demonstrated ability in writing and troubleshooting complex T-SQL/U-SQL queries
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking along with logical and physical database design skills
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Excellent documentation skills using tools such as Confluence and diagraming tools
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the functional design and architecture of application systems across multiple technologies and platforms
- Excellent understanding and hands-on with ETL, ELT, and ad-hoc integrations
- Experience building Data warehouses in Kimball and Inmon methodology
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and at least 7+ years' work experience in all phases of development and supporting information systems and technologies and associated methodologies
- 2+ years' experience working with Azure Data Services such as Synapse, Data Factory, Databricks, CosmosDB, Azure SQL, Power BI
- 7+ years of development experience using SQL Server, SSRS, SSAS and SSIS
- Experience with tools such SSMS, Azure Data Studio, Azure Storage Explorer, Azure Portal
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD technologies utilizing IaC and PaaS and Azure Pipelines, BitBucket (or other Git server), Sourcetree
- Experience with SDLC methodologies and tools such as Agile Scrum, JIRA, and Confluence