Job Title: Business Analyst – (Process Re-engineering)-
JOB ID: 20-00256
City: Santa Monica
Business Analyst (Process Re-engineering)- - 6+ months project - Santa Monica, CA.
- Elicitation, Analysis and Re-engineering of business & software systems process, components, functionality, Interfaces, Data flows and business rules.
- Gathering functional and technical requirements of Event Logistics System using collaborative elicitation techniques such as User Story Mapping sessions and Business Process Modelling Notations.
- Analyze, design and re-engineer business processes and systems applications for Event Logistics System by evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts and decomposing high-level information into details.
- Identify business/software process improvements and depict them in the form of future state process charts using SWOT analysis and Columbo Approach.
- Analyze and model the business domain to create a complete picture of workflows and technical requirements fulfilled by existing and proposed software.
- Responsible for impeccable communication flow for the project's business and software requirements by following project specific communication matrix and utilizing standard organizational formats for project artifacts.
- Liaison with Solution Architects to assess and validate software architecture and detailed technical design to ensure no gaps in the requirement process to the development stages.
- Coordinate requirements walk-through and signoffs, verifying with user representatives/stakeholders that user stories and process models accurately portray specific business needs.
- Working with Stakeholders, Solution Architects and Technology Leads to identify & document the Business Context Models, System Context, Gliffy Diagrams (Confluence) and UML Diagrams to visualize the communication between business entities and software interfaces.
- Document FRD's in the form of User Stories and Acceptance Criteria as part of Agile SDLC methodology. Evaluate and assess the quality of all the User Stories using "INVEST” criteria checklist and re-write them if they do not meet the criteria.
- Identify and document Non-Functional Requirements such as response times and PCI security and compliance guidelines for the applications when there is payment related functionality involved. Build wireframes and user interface prototypes using Balsamiq, Lucid Chart and Microsoft Visio to outline website features, layout and navigation for the scrum team developing the website/application
- The minimum education requirement for this position is a bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or Computer Science, or a directly related field.