Job Title: Business Intelligence Engineer
JOB ID: 19-00216
Genuent is hiring a Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer for our direct client in Seattle, WA area. This is a 6+ month contract opportunity. Qualified candidates please apply.
Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer to join our Consumer Data & Analytics (CD&A) team. As part of the CD&A team you will drive business insights by building various analytics products that will enable us to be a data driven company.
The Business Intelligence Engineer must love extracting, nurturing and transforming a high volume of data into actionable business information and making it readily accessible to stakeholders.
- Design, build, enhance and maintain enterprise business intelligence platform to support business intelligence and advanced analytics.
- Create and improve upon timely, relevant, and actionable insights, intelligence and recommendations for business stakeholders.
- Full life cycle development of BI reports, dashboards and other analytics products.
- Data cleanup, requirement gathering, data modeling & transformation, reports/dashboard creation, data mining and analytics on complex datasets.
- Mentor less experienced team members.
- + years of experience in designing and operating very large BI platforms
- Strong Business Intelligence skills, including: Reporting, Data cleanup, ETL and handling scalability issues for enterprise BI
- Strong data modelling/design experience
- Experience in handling visualization for very large datasets.
- Expertise in using OLAP technologies and BI Analytics
- Experience in at least one reporting tool like Qlikview, Tableau, OBIEE, MicroStrategy etc.
- Experience with implementing data quality rules across business intelligence platform.
- Capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new data sets quickly.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Effective at partnering with business and technology teams.
- Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Team player with solid communication skills
- Expert in SQL writing.
- Working knowledge of HDFS, and Hadoop/Hive and familiarity with big Data technologies (HBASE, Spark).
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in building BI platforms from scratch
- Experience in evaluating various technological solutions to solve business requirements
- Experience with data mining and advance analytics
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Azure
- Familiarity with media industry