Job Title: Closing Specialist (Temp to Hire in South Orange County)
JOB ID: 19-04977
City: Aliso Viejo
Start Work Monday 9/23 in South Orange County
In Person Interviews required in Costa Mesa Wednesday 18th-Friday 20th by noon. (Appointment required)
Must pass background check.
Responsible for researching and resolving title issues and discrepancies, reviewing title evidence and curing title defects of record. Also responsible for reviewing and clearing all preliminary title reports and/or property and judgment reports. Perform all duties in accordance with the company's policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and analyze title commitments for irregularities. Determine solutions for irregularities and act on determination to resolve.
- Work with available resources to resolve any title related issues.
- Order and follow-up on all necessary clearance documentation.
- Provide accurate and timely communication of all updates, details, etc. to all parties involved in transaction.
- Review and grade title reports.
- Work with attorneys and negotiate HOA liens as well as property liens.
- Resolve problems regarding improper transfers of title and lot line adjustment issues.
- Perform contract quality review of real estate purchase contracts, checking for accuracy and completeness.
- Perform data entry into multiple technology platforms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Extensive title curative knowledge
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent client service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Etc.) Software-Equator and RAM Quest
- Ability to make decisions that have impact on the immediate work unit
- Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule on short and long-term basis
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- One (1) to three (3) years of national title experience.
- One (1) to three (3) years of real estate contract experience.
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience working with Title/ REO technology platforms.