Job Title: Communications Technician-Physical Security
JOB ID: 19-02741
City: San Antonio
The Senior Communications Technician will provide field support for the physical security technology for all regions. This role requires a highly motivated individual, capable of working independent of direct supervision, to support systems across a large geographic area. This position will provide direct support of local projects, system preventative maintenance, fault isolation and troubleshooting, and 24 hour on-call support. The technician will also provide support and first level training of field operations personnel.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting for various types of physical security systems, such as video management systems, servers, IP and analog cameras, video encoders, fiber distribution systems, various network infrastructure components. Badge access systems, to include system server database, card readers, various door locks, and TWIC validation systems.
- Assist projects group with the implementation of project related systems.
- Direct local contractors engaged in the installation and maintenance of physical security systems.
- Provide support and first level training to field communication technicians and users.
- Act as first level liaison between field operations and the IT organization.
- Drive standards in the field and provide feedback to the communications engineering team.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support.
- Travel up to 25%.
- An Associate's degree in Electronic or 7 years of equivalent experience in the field of Electronics is required.
- A network certification such as a CCNA is a plus.
- 7+ years experience in the installation and/or maintenance of physical security systems and network infrastructure systems are required.
- The applicant should be able to utilize test equipment and software required to support systems in the field.
- The applicant should also be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently of direct supervision and prioritize assigned activities
- Ability to interact with internal and external teams /clients to solve problems.
- Physical ability to work in an outdoor environment and safely and effectively operate a motor vehicle.