Job Title: Computer Operator II
JOB ID: 19-06138
Start work ASAP and work until at least 2-29-2020 (VERY Possible extension to 6 months & possible contract to hire.). Qualified candidates please send resume to Danette Reader Dreader@genuent.com or call 916-772-7162. Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays, 12 hour shifts, on a rotating schedule.
Skills and Experience:
• Two year technical college degree and 1-2 years comparable experience
• Able to navigate through Unix/Linux/AIX/VMS/DOS and perform basic commands
• Working knowledge of FTP/SFTP protocols
• Comprehensive knowledge of Office suite and PC operating systems
• Customer service experience a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills (in particular phone etiquette skills)
• Self-motivated with demonstrated initiative and sense of urgency
• Effective listening skills, ability to organize and plan, attention to detail skills required.
• Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays, 12 hour shifts. Rotating schedule.
• Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- This is a computer operator position not computer technician•
- It is more office work than hardware. Candidate should have basic knowledge of computers excel/word/outlook
- Customer service experience – must good phone communication skills
- More computer work than fixing things
- It is 3 months 6:45am-6:45pm and then 3 months 6:45pm-6:45am.
Provides entry level monitoring and troubleshooting for operating equipment and 24x365 adherences to operational procedures, checklists, policies, and national IT Best Practices.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities: (MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM THE BELOW)
• Performs entry level troubleshooting of systems and servers related to host systems, middleware, applications, and existing tools according to established procedures under supervision.
• Performs entry level network monitoring by confirming tool set availability, using tools for verification of services, and detecting, reporting, escalating, and documenting anomalies according to established procedures.
• Monitors logical security through use of established tools and procedures.
• Performs entry level monitoring of systems and servers by confirming tool set availability, using tools for verification of services, and detecting, reporting, escalating, and documenting anomalies according to established procedures.
• Performs entry level troubleshooting of network technologies related to IP network devices and backbone transports according to established procedures, using existing tools under supervision.
• Accurately executes operational checklists to ensure that all draw processing, day-end processing, system balancing, file system maintenance, change requests, report/file transfers and deliveries, messaging and jackpot details, system locations/configurations, and internal/external customer requests are completed.
• Appropriately coordinates, executes, validates, tracks, follows up on, and escalates internal and external customer requests according to established guidelines.
• Submits recommendations to create and/or maintain operational procedures and checklists.
• Adheres to Service Level Agreements (SLA) by following established SLA performance requirements
• Adheres to IT best practices by following established IT best practice performance and audit requirements
• Supports local testing policies and procedures
• Performs entry level monitoring and/or troubleshooting of automated functions by confirming tool set availability, using tools for verification of services, and detecting, reporting, escalating, and documenting anomalies according to established procedures
• Participates in individual professional development by completing assigned development plan, participating in mentoring activities, tracking and reporting of development, and communicating career path goals and objectives.
Please apply if you can become our W2 employee
You must be able to pass a drug and Criminal background check
Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays, 12 hour shifts.