Job Title: CORP – Sourcing Specialist I
JOB ID: 20-02899
Procurement/Sourcing Specialist – Houston, TX
The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for independently processing operational procurement purchase requests for their assigned business unit groups (Generation, Retail, Corporate, or Business Solutions). Purchasing activities may include identifying the appropriate source of supply for the requested goods or services. This will entail understanding available strategic agreements, identifying potential qualified suppliers, conducting requests for quotes and competitive pricing analysis, selection of suppliers and the issuance and management of purchase orders and blanket agreements.
This position will be part of an operational procurement center that provides support for fulfilling purchase requests and managing purchase activities with business requisitioners and suppliers. The group will work in a team environment to efficiently respond to requests and coordinate sourcing activities with the strategic sourcing group as required.
- Process purchase requisitions for materials and services into purchase orders with qualified sources of supply and competitive pricing.
- Research potential sources of supply and conducts requests for quotes and pricing to comply with Procurement Authority Policies.
- Engage and communicate with suppliers, as required, as part of the RFQ, selection, and PO fulfillment process.
- Coordinates with strategic sourcing organization to provide information related to strategic agreements and identify potential bid event opportunities.
- Collaborates with requisitioners and suppliers to ensure effective communications and understanding of purchasing needs, supplier capabilities, and fulfillment activities.
- Collaborates with business unit to monitor and report savings and other key performance information.
- Engages suppliers on delivery confirmations, performance and invoice processing activities to address any delays or issues with the procure-to-pay process.
- Updates blanket agreements and pricing on outline agreements to maintain accuracy and effective terms.
- Maintains compliance with all operational procurement process and procedures and practices.
- Provide direction on opportunities to initiate enterprise wide sourcing initiatives based on purchasing requisitioning demand and strategic agreement usage.
- Engage business unit stakeholder on outage planning and project-based procurement activities to identify and respond to procurement needs related to purchasing demand, requirements, fulfillment and project reporting milestones.
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree or in lieu of Associates 1-2 years of procurement experience
- Two years of procurement work experience
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Engineering fields
- 3-5 years of procurement work experience
- SAP Ariba proficiency
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with team members, business partners, suppliers, and management
- Strong procurement and sourcing skills with required proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage workload with considerable independence
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills for communicating with business and supplier stakeholders