Job Title: CORP – WEB PROGRAMMER ANALYST IV
JOB ID: 19-03691
Genuent is hiring a Sr. Python Developer for our direct client in Princeton, NJ. This is a Contract role. Qualified candidates should send their resume (Word Format) to Tele De La Cruz at Tdelacruz@genuent.com
Sr. Python Web Developer
Princeton, New Jersey
• Designs, develops, tests, maintains and enhances application software programs for the retail energy industry.
• Must possess excellent communication skills as you will interact directly with our customers to determine requirements and deliver quality software which exceeds their expectations.
• Must have a strong desire to deliver defect-free, well-designed, and well-tested software.
• Follow the team's Scrum development life cycle practices.
• Work independently for design, development and testing.
• Collaborate with team members to identify and prioritize/reprioritize work when necessary
• Facilitate requirements gathering efforts and clearly document system requirements.
• Develop strong working relationships with individuals at all levels of the company
• Anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks while eliminating roadblocks within control.
• Use appropriate change control procedures for implementing software enhancements.
• Remain abreast of current technologies and best practices as applicable to NRG.
• Conduct unit, functional, and integration testing to ensure application reliability.
• Teamwork environment in a cube or open work area.
• Duties are performed during standard business hours and overtime based on project requirements.
• Must be willing to work longer hours as necessary, especially during critical issue resolution.
• Will need to attend meetings and respond to application problems for short durations at other corporate sites when necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant business discipline from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience is preferred.
• A minimum of 5-7 years of professional application development experience is required.
• The ideal candidate will have solid experience developing web applications using open source technologies.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Thorough understanding of Python Development. Experience with Python Metaclasses, Django, Flask and Celery.
• Strong knowledge of .NET development, with an emphasis on C# .Net core using Entity Framework.
• Working knowledge of concurrency and multi-threading in long-running daemon processes.
• In-depth understanding of Relational Database Management software, preferably PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MS SQL Server.
• Experienced in testing software all the way from unit testing to system testing to integration testing. A strong desire to build well-tested software.
• Strong knowledge of version control software, git preferred.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), in particular, EC2, EBS, S3, and SQS is a big plus.
• Understanding of batch-oriented and event-based systems is a plus.