Job Title: Desktop Support Consultants
JOB ID: 20-01501
Desktop Support Roles- Downey, CA 90242 (or 1100 Eastern Ave, Los Angeles, CA)
Genuent's premier Government client is hiring ten Desktop Support Analysts for a 12-month contract (with possible extension) in Downey, CA. Work from Downey, CA (or Eastern Ave location). Some travel around County of Los Angeles area. Qualified candidates, please send your professional resume to Soo Lim at 714-591-0121 or firstname.lastname@example.org
It is anticipated that the Consultants will be required to work full time, 40 hours a week, on a flexible schedule, hours and days to be determined by Client. The Consultant MAY be required to work additional work night hours, weekends or holidays to complete critical tasks. Advanced noticed will be provided.
Our premier Government client, seeks to obtain services from up to ten (10) consultants at the level of PC/Help Desk Technicians to assist with Personal Computer (PC) technical support services at various Client offices or personal residence locations. PC Devices may vary from desktops, laptops or tablet devices that are needed to enable Client personnel to conduct work, including Client teleworkers using remote access software and VPN solutions.
This effort will require technical staff experienced in Microsoft desktop technologies to assist the Client staff with support services, including answering authentication, Outlook or other questions from users and to manually join desktops to the Client hosted domain that failed to be joined remotely.
Our Client supports 100,000+ users throughout the Los Angeles County area. In order to adhere the the State of California Stay at Home Order, most Client users must work from their homes or other, less populated locations. To this end, our Client is in critical need of additional technical support to assist the Client’s technical staff to install, configure and/or troubleshoot desktops, laptops, tablet devices at various work locations and personal residences to allow Client personnel to telework via remote access software and VPN solutions.
This engagement requires the Consultants to perform all back-end tasks and all desktop tasks to join the desktops to the hosted domain. The scope of work to be performed under this Work Order shall include working with Client staff to:
- Assist users with using new authentication methods and credentials, and new applications (e.g., Outlook).
- Assist users with configuring their printer and drive mappings, if needed.
- Manually join desktops to Client hosted domain if the computer failed to join with the use of automated tools.
- Migrate profiles from the old domain/user to the Client hosted domain/user manually if computers failed to join with the use of automated tools.
- Maintain records of equipment worked on and users assisted.
- Perform Hardware Refresh
- Reimage PCs from Windows 7 to Windows 10
- Assist user installed licensed applications
- Installation of new Client-owned hardware -Connect devices to network
- Installation of user personally-owned hardware
- Configure New End User Setup
- Test configured systems for appropriate functioning and troubleshoots for any errors found
- Completes all required documentation of installation and setup
- Removal of end-of-life hardware
- Installation of new hardware
- Perform various desktop software and application support services
- Installation and configuration of County licensed software and applications
- CompTIA A+ Certification. Must provide a copy or proof of certification with submission.
Three (3) years of experience within the last five (5) years installing Windows, software, applications, antivirus, encryption and patches.
Three (3) years of experience within the last four (4) years working with different levels of customers in need of PC/help desk support or a related field.
Three (3) years of experience within the last four (4) years installing, Windows 7/10 imaging, configuring, moving, adding and changing Desktop PCs within a Microsoft Windows desktop environment.
Two (2) years of experience within the past four (4) years installing software on PC’s in a Microsoft Windows desktop environment.
Two (2) years of experience within the last four (4) years troubleshooting issues related to domain joins, group policy, profile management, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP.
Provide a list of three organizations where similar services have been provided. Must provide a name, phone number and email of contact person.
Ability to lift up to approx. 40-50 or so pounds, some hard labor will be required including bending, crawling on floors and under desks / tables, and lifting / moving devices, computers, printers, etc.
Consultants must have a Class “C” driver’s license.