Job Title: Desktop Support Specialist
JOB ID: 19-00827
City: New York
Desktop Support Specialist- New York, New York
Contract -> Contract to Hire
Provide timely resolution of user requests for help and other services, provide technical support for end users and prepare hardware for new employees and contractors. Assist in the creation and upkeep of IT documentation and procedures and other knowledge repositories.
- Utilize in house Help Desk solution ensuring that user requests are handled promptly and that users are satisfied with resolutions
- Support local office with the flexibility to provide backup when gaps in coverage occur
- Resolve software and hardware based technical issues on desktops, laptops, handheld devices, printers etc.
- Adhere to all IT policies
- Experience with network and telecommunication systems in a large enterprise environment.
- Experience in Active Directory, Windows Networking, and Windows operating systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office technologies.
- Application installation and troubleshooting experience in server/client applications.
- Knowledge of principles and mechanics of document management systems, knowledge of Open
- Effective communicator, with excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Team player requiring minimal supervision, with ability to draw on the expertise and knowledge of the team to deliver the best solutions.
- Ability to deliver results, meet commitments and agreed deadlines.
- Excellent time management and work prioritization skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including influencing and leadership.
- Computer Service (3+ years)
- Customer Support (3+ years)
- Enterprise Support Experience (3+ years)
- Help Desk Systems Administration (3+ years)