Job Title: Director of Strategic Operations
JOB ID: 20-02885
Genuent is hiring a Director of Strategic Operations for our client in Austin, TX. Qualified candidates should send their resume (word format) to Taylor Kast at Tkast@genuent.com
Director of Strategic Operations
We are looking for an experienced professional, who is proactive and disciplined in the fields of operations and project management. This role will be responsible for driving execution of the bank's project initiatives, leading the program and project management team, and partnering with the VP of Strategic Operations to work on change initiatives across the organization.
The Director of Strategic Operations will serve as a key resource in Strategic Operations, partnering with internal stakeholders to develop and implement innovative processes and procedures. Responsible for leading the program and project management office. Responsible for resource management, including providing ongoing coaching and mentoring to staff within the department. Responsible for compiling metrics that are regularly presented to senior leadership. Responsible for management of annual project initiative budgeting process, as well as ongoing monthly financial reviews of both initiative and operational budget. Responsible for driving resource teams to execute in a fast-paced environment on delivery of roadmap initiative projects within the constraints of scope, schedule, and cost. Responsible for assisting in process improvement and risk mitigation strategies across the organization.
Day to Day Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage team of resources responsible for leading program and project initiatives.
- Develop process, procedure, and best practices related to roadmap initiatives.
- Drive adherence to compliance requirements and associated procedural steps.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to direct reports.
- Execute on vision and strategy as provided by VP of Strategic Operations.
- Assist in the development of risk assessment plan across organization, and drive process improvement aligned to strategic objectives.
- Partner with Accounting to build and report on financial roadmap initiative metrics.
- Participate and contribute in planning sessions for the Strategic Operations and IT departments.
- Identify and implement organizational change management process and procedures.
- Deliver high quality analysis and reporting to senior management about the status of projects and programs on a regular basis.
What You Bring to the Team:
This position requires eight (8) or more years of management experience in application and software development project management. Five (5) or more years of leadership experience directly managing resources. Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communication or similar field and / or equivalent related experience. Experience in the financial industry is preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with core project management concepts and principles, including scope management, schedule management, cost management, quality management, risk management, communication management, and contract management.
- Advanced knowledge of project management budget forecasting and financial analysis / reporting.
- High attention to detail and polish.
- Highly skilled communicator, both verbal and written. High comfort level presenting to executive management.
- Ability to work as part of a team and foster a collaborative environment. Ability to lead and motivate others.
- Skilled in resource management and conflict resolution.
- Advanced knowledge of the project management life cycle and software development lifecycle.
- Ability to work on large, complex projects under minimal supervision.