Job Title: Investor Accounting Analyst (Direct Hire in South Orange County)
JOB ID: 19-03013
City: Aliso Viejo
1-4 Years Experience
Solid knowledge of Account Reconciliation
Mortgage/Investor Side accounting functions
The Investor Accounting Analyst is responsible for performing basic to complex reconciliation projects, reviewing various investor reports, schedules, and reports related to the servicing of loans. Essentially, this person will be responsible for reconciling multiple bank accounts using Excel.
What you'll do:
- Reconciles actual/actual, scheduled/actual and scheduled/scheduled investor principal and interest and taxes and insurance bank accounts, ensuring that the 30-day deadline required by Regulation AB is met.
- Ensures research and resolution of reconciling items within 90 days, as required by Regulation AB.
- Researches pool to security and testing of expected principal and interest differences; keeping management notified of non-routing issues.
- Analyzes remittance differences between investor accounting reports, the loan servicing system and remittance reports to maintain appropriate cash in custodial accounts.
- Maintains consistent attendance to ensure fulfillment of essential duties and responsibilities.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Supports other team members as needed to meet deadlines for reporting.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience required; Bachelor's degree in related fields preferred
- One (1) to three (3) years of Finance or Accounting experience preferably in the mortgage industry.
- Accounting background, strong Excel (Power User Testing), experience bank reconciliation, clear communication skills.
- Experience in Financial Services (especially mortgage) is a plus.
- Adaptable and Ambitious. You enthusiastically take on other projects to help take your team to the next level!
- Systematic and Diligent. You have a keen focus on the details and like to follow a plan.
- Quality Focused and Industrious. You're passionate about maintaining high standards and delivering results.