Job Title: Network Systems Specialist
JOB ID: 19-04311
City: Carson City
Genuent is hiring a Data Communications/ Network Specialist for a long-term project (and possible extension) with a premiere Government client based in Carson City, Nevada. This is a 100% on-site opportunity. Qualified candidates, please email your professional resume to Neggeen Atebar, NAtebar@genuent.com or call 916-974-9533.
Assist our Government Client's staff with the deployment, operations, maintenance, and development of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) systems and procedures.
- Participate in the review of currently deployed equipment configuration files to identify and resolve any security or operational issues found and provide a remediation report to the ITS Network Administrator
- Participate in the planning, design, documentation, configuration, and deployment of ITS network devices and services to support the Operations Centers
- Participate in the planning, design, documentation, configuration, and deployment of the new ITS VLANs to all ITS sites
- Review and update, as needed, any existing ITS network diagrams, to ensure accuracy, consistency, and completeness
- Participate in the planning, design, documentation, configuration, and deployment of the Alcatel-Lucent hardened Ethernet switches to ITS sites
- Develop, maintain, and adjust, as required, a standard configuration file for all ITS network equipment, to include the field devices
- Participate in technical research and development and provide recommendations on ways to improve the ITS network availability and functionality for continued innovation
- Participate in identifying and testing new ITS network devices that would benefit the Client, while striving to maintain both usability and security
- Work with the IT Network group and Information Security Officer to ensure our network device configurations and capabilities follow established industry standard practices
- Assist in the planning, design, documentation, and deployment of three-tiered systems security architecture for all ITS systems, statewide
- Troubleshoot and repair any hardware or software failures to the ITS network equipment that may come up
Assist in the development of ITS Network installation and configuration procedures
- Work closely with the IT Network Group to plan, schedule, notify users; both internal and external, and apply firmware and/or software updates to ITS Network equipment as required
- Assist in the audit of all ITS networking equipment and compile a list of hardware and/or software that needs to be upgraded and/or replaced
- Monitor all ITS networking devices for availability, usability, security and provide recommendations for upgrades or enhancements
- Work within an agile project management environment
- Consultant must be able to work in an Agile Project Management environment.
- The consultant is expected to participate in an Agile development process, specifically Scrum for most of the work. This includes participation in all Scrum activities, including but not limited to: Daily Standup meetings, Sprint Planning Meetings, Sprint Review meetings, and Sprint Retrospective meetings. Excellent verbal and written communication is expected and required to maintain the work flow.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Networking or related field of study
- Have experience and be proficient in the design, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and deployment of Layer 2 & 3 network switches, routers, firewalls, Secure Remote Access appliances, Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) field devices, licensed and unlicensed point-to-point and point-to-multipoint microwave radio systems and their associated components, and various other physical or virtual network equipment.
- Have a minimum of four (4) years’ experience working as a Network Technician in an enterprise environment
- Have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in a multi-tenant data network utilizing Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) or Shortest Path Bridging (SPB), or similar technologies
- Have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the design, configuration, and deployment of dynamic routing protocols in a multi-regional network
- Have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience and be proficient in the proper use of network analysis tools and equipment, such as Wireshark and Fluke network test equipment
- Have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience configuring and maintaining a multicast content delivery network
- Have a proactive nature with ability to solve problems
- Have excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Experience configuring and maintaining a multi-region SPB network for content delivery purposes
- One or more of the following certifications:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP).
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE).
- CompTIA Network+.
- Wireshark Certified Network Analyst (WCNA).