Job Title: Procurement Specialist
JOB ID: 19-03228
The Procurement Specialist (PS) serves as a member of the Regional Purchasing Team. This position is responsible for facilitating and maintaining the purchasing process from requests for materials and services all the way through the invoice payment and purchase order closeout process. This includes participation in all aspects of the purchasing process, across multiple rig operations and facilities, for the categories assigned to the SPS.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for coordinating purchases of materials and services for multiple rigs facilities.
- Participates on cross-functional teams with Global Category Management (GCM) to identify and select suppliers as appropriate.
- Coordinates with internal and external stakeholders to understand need requirements.
- Solicits competitive proposals from qualified suppliers.
- Supports GCM in negotiations with 3rd party suppliers to establish favorable terms, volume discounts and pricing on all material and/or service purchases as appropriate.
- Issues purchase orders and performs expediting when required to assure purchase order delivery schedule is met, and suppliers are meeting contractual criteria.
- Keeps PO status up to date.
- Participates in periodic, supplier KPI reviews along with GCM.
- Reviews supplier performance regularly to ensure that all aspects of the Purchase to Pay process are properly maintained.
- Monitors compliance to sourced supplier agreements, where appropriate and applicable.
- Maintains adequate purchasing records.
- Monitors the PO receipt process and ensures PO's are appropriately paid and closed.