Job Title: Product Owner
JOB ID: 19-02752
Genuent is hiring a Product Owner for a 7+ month contract for a premier client in the entertainment industry located in Burbank, CA. If you are interested or a match please contact Michael Coppola at (714) 823-3537 or Mcoppola@genuent.com
Movies Anywhere is the next generation of in-home entertainment, providing an unparalleled digital entertainment experience. Leveraging cutting edge technology, unique partnerships, and a talented team, Movies Anywhere is an exclusive, cross-platform, cloud-based movie service that enables consumers to seamlessly Client, grow, access, and enjoy their personal digital movie collection across a variety of studios, retailers, and platforms all in one convenient app and/or website.
Movies Anywhere seeks a Product Manager to partner with a team of product owners, business stakeholders, and technical team members to successfully deliver products and solutions. We are looking for a self-starting individual who wants to shape the next generation of video consumption applications. If you are interested, we'd love to hear from you.
You are a passionate Product Manager who knows how to define, validate and communicate a product vision. You have strong product instincts, but more importantly have an appreciation for and understanding of agile and user-centered design values, principles, and practices. You will be responsible for producing, grooming, prioritizing, and overall timely management of the requirements backlog as well as developing user acceptance criteria. You understand that your obligation to the team is to make fast, concrete decisions despite conflicting priorities. If you're analytical, strategic, technical, and have an impressive track record of working in cross-functional partnerships, we're talking to you.
- Manage and ensure the high-quality execution of new product initiatives from conception through delivery including gathering requirements, crafting user flows, functional specs, and user stories, gaining stake-holder approvals and working with engineers to ensure requirements are clearly understood
- Act as liaison for the Technology team, ensuring seamless communication between them and the Marketing, PMO, UX/UI & Data teams
- Work closely with the UX, Design, Marketing and Engineering teams, identifying dependencies and corner cases
- Partner with UX to iterate through wireframes & convey specifications that best suit user needs, then work with designers to create a compelling visual experience
- Partner closely with software engineering teams to define product and system requirements.
- Use analytics and A/B testing to steer improvements, inform projects, and drive product decisions
- Collaborate with Marketing & Growth to define and develop new features and functionalities to increase conversion and growth and support business goals
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to continually identify ways to grow the user experience
- All about user experience. You've got a deep-rooted passion for championing product vision, and you're known for artfully and effectively articulating user stories and requirements
- A self-starter who loves collaboration. You're comfortable working independently as well as influencing cross-functional teams
- A dynamite problem solver. You're always thinking (at least) one step ahead
- A talented juggler. You successfully manage competing priorities, and you make it look easy
- Dedicated and fast-moving. You're known to operate with passion, urgency, and discipline
- Technical or you understand technical terms and technical people. You're comfortable in a room of developers and data scientists.
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience in product management for a consumer-facing website or mobile app
- Passion for movies & streaming services on web, mobile, and OTT and the overall customer experience
- Strong understanding of established web and mobile standards and UI best practices, and a curiosity about emerging technologies
- Strong technical understanding of how mobile software and streaming services are architected 7 built.
- Strong written and verbal skills and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work within a collaborative team environment
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Understanding of user experience, front-end development and design concepts
- Experience with JIRA
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field
- Experience with usertesting.com or similar user testing tool
- Experience A/B testing with Optimizely or any other tool