Job Title: RCO Account Manager I
JOB ID: 19-03214
Position Title: Account Manager I
Position Location: McAllen, TX 78504
Position Type: Contract 6+ Months – Potential to go long term or renew
The Account Manager position in McAllen, TX is responsible for the retention and acquisition of high volume business customers; acting as the 1:1 "face” of the Client's brands consulting on all customer energy needs. The individual in this role must be customer-focused, possess business to business sales experience, and analytical skills; have a high degree of knowledge of current electricity market. Professionalism is paramount as Business Consultants are expected to provide a superior customer experience in daily face-to-face interaction with high volume commercial customers.
- Consultant will be assigned to specific Business accounts (approximately 200 - 500) to act as the liaison between the customer and the client.
- Consultant will be judged on his/her ability to meet or exceed retention; sales count, volume and margin targets.
- The Consultant will represent a single resource to their customers for anything they might need from the client.
- Consultant will initiate and lead customer site visits to top-value Business customers to ensure customer understands their billing, usage and demand and all charges and billing determinates.
- Consultants will be equipped with a laptop that allows them to connect to customer management systems and allow them to make updates/changes and provide on-site solutions to the customers.
- Communicate new products, programs, services to customers.
- Consultant will provide accurate and timely updates to the customer management systems to document all customer interactions including but not limited to site visits, emails and phone conversations.
- Act as a "Move Manager” for brand new high-value customers just joining the clients business, who require special assistance in setting up their new location/account.
- Facilitate Energy Audits of Business for customer sites to assist the customer by identifying areas of energy inefficiency and areas for improvements.
- Research customer businesses before contacting to become familiar with the type of business they operate and their history with clients brands. This could include web research, customer management systems, etc.
- Must be able to successfully complete and fully grasp company provided training Must be confident and knowledgeable in all business products and services, TDSP charges and billing components.
- Strong presentation skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to schedule and arrive to appointments on time.
- Ability to remain calm and respond quickly to surprising/difficult questions.
- Advanced knowledge of kW vs. kWh, TDSP charges, and the difference between a kW product and a wires pass through product.
- Consultative orientation Committed to increasing their billing skills and knowledge base and to providing a positive experience with clients brands.
- Interest in moving into a Marketing role a plus.
- Dependable transportation, valid Texas Driver's License and personal liability insurance. A review of the driving record will be required prior to hiring.
- Emulate our business positioning: smart choices; your partner in energy management; respect for your time; bringing innovative solutions to you, Customer First, etc.
- Provide feedback to Segment Marketing on significant customer interactions. Be the venue for much needed customer learning on products; needs not being made; what they like/dislike about the client, how we can better serve.
- High School diploma or equivalency required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university is preferred.
- 5+ years of customer service experience required, prior supervisory experience desired.
- Experience in customer relationship management (account management) with business customers and business to business sales is required.
- Commensurate level of relevant experience will be considered in combination with the educational requirement.
- Occasionally requires lifting as appropriate to perform duties and responsibilities
- Flexibility with work schedule.
- Frequency of customer visits: Minimum of once per quarter unless customer requests more frequent visits.
- If customer transfers to a term product, the visits would likely move to bi-annually.
- Some overtime may be required as special projects arise.