Job Title: Scrum Master IV
JOB ID: 19-04321
Genuent is hiring a Scrum Master for our direct client in Alpharetta, GA area. This is a 6 month contract with a tentative start date of September, 3. Qualified candidates should send their resume (Word Format) along with salary requirements to Harold Miller at email@example.com
The Senior Scrum Master will lead the cloud delivery team and development partners through an agile IT delivery lifecycle process. This would include processing definition, Agile Scrum based Software development, Hybrid Agile based module development along with cross functional communication, software technical project management, requirements traceability, source code control, test case management and defect tracking.
- This position also defines the metrics to be used to track process improvement across the enterprise. This position may also lead Scrum masters of multiple Agile teams and provides clear resource loading of software team and capacity planning of supporting resources. This position also represents the team at Release level to report status of multiple Agile feature teams to leadership.
- This position requires expertise in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Power BI. Experience in cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud preferred. A high degree of collaboration with Development and other IS teams is required to design effective training/governance programs, and align roadmaps for cloud execution planning. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong leadership skills, will be forward thinking, self-motivated, and able join a diverse, highly talented team, continuously striving for excellence.
- This position will be exposed to the latest technology, and training opportunities will be present across a wide range of disciplines. Growth opportunities for the position are expected, as the enterprise scales to meet the demands of cloud transformation. Some of the other great perks include a casual dress code and an awesome new high-tech facility with amenities like a staffed fitness center & Starbucks.
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
- Setting up team AGILE tooling and communication platforms. (Kanban boards, etc.)
- Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum/Kanban frameworks.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance
- Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent judgment
- Ability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, with a high level of confidence
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience in management of an AGILE team for 2+ years
- PMI-ACP or equivalent certification a plus
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Good skills to coach team how to follow agile scrum, which really works.
- Understand the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches, like: Kanban, Crystal, FDD, XP, etc.
- Knowledge about other methodologies other than Agile-Scrum (Waterfall, etc)
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures
- Knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Experience delivering product under tight timelines and stressful conditions.
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Must be self-motivated and driven to complete tasks under general oversight
- Dependable and Reliable
- "Big Picture " Thinking
- Works Well Under Pressure
- Efficient Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Quickly Grasps New Concepts
- Strong Teamwork Skills