Job Title: Senior Network Architect – Long Term Project
JOB ID: 18-06606
City: Lake Buena Vista
Genuent is Hiring a Senior Network Architect, a long term project opportunity for a premiere client in Lake Buena Vista, FL. If you're a match or interested, please contact email@example.com. #LI-BD1
- Represents Infrastructure as part of Enterprise Architecture
- Support design and execution of Infrastructure Strategic Plans and
- Help to manage E2E asset tracking and infrastructure budget
- Configuring, deploying, and supporting Unified Communications (Video, VoIP and data networks), LAN/WAN, routers, switches, and other network infrastructure devices.
- Making Firewall updates as required
- Building/replacing network hardware and software configurations per design, working with network architects and related support teams.
- Performing in-depth protocol and network analysis to determine root cause of application and network performance related problems.
- Perform service maintenance activities including Change Management coordination and implementation.
- Responsible for Incident Management ensuring that incidents are effectively escalated, managed, and resolved with full communication of status, plans, and actions to management and customers. Monitoring and oversight of network performance, capacity, and tune related network components. Bringing forward new ideas, providing recommendations to enhance network performance, reliability, and support capabilities.
- Supporting network automation systems related to configuration management, rule development, policy enforcement and reporting.
- Effectively utilizing supported network management and monitoring systems.
- Maintaining network designs, procedures, and related support documentation.
- Participation in department on-call rotation.
- Creates network design packages and updates master documentation to reflect as-built configurations.
- Recommends and designs QoS policies, performance metrics, and support procedures for voice, video and data services.
- Partners with customers, vendors, and technology groups to understand network requirements, and create optimal solutions.
- Researches, tests, and evaluates new technologies,
- Participates in technical RFP creation, evaluation, and vendor selection process.
- Manages service transitions for new deployments to ensure quality products are delivered into the production environment.
- Through the transition process, communicates changes and designs to Network Support Services to ensure supportability.
- Provides support for critical network problems, including occasional on-call responsibilities for escalated issues
- Configure and troubleshoot server load balancing mechanisms and algorithms.
- Proficient understanding and experience using configuration management and/or diagnostic tools, monitoring applications and performance analysis tools.
- Will work with distributed, complex enterprise deployments including: multi-tiered environments, virtualization technologies, operating systems, routing, monitoring, storage connectivity, capacity planning, backups, network security
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Troubleshoot & support networking concepts and protocols such as: VLAN, STP, HSRP/VRRP, IP Subnetting, MPLS, EIGRP and BGP routing.
- Engineer network security components such as Firewalls, VPN, Webfilter, Email Encryption, Proxy, Load Balancers, IPS/IDS.
- Exposure to working in a Compliance network environment (PCI DSS, HIPAA, SOX ).
- Leadership - Demonstrates leadership through skillful and effective written and oral communication. Undertakes continuous self-development of both functional and leadership skills. Specifically they are able to do the following: The following are all required.
- Extensive knowledge of network engineering, network security concepts, data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise network management applications.
- Maintain and troubleshoot enterprise network, Internet connectivity and network security systems.
- Experience in Cisco wireless, controllers, and Client.
- Network Engineer will monitor LAN/WAN performance and performs necessary task to remediate performance issues.
- Maintains network hardware and software vendor maintenance agreements.
- Participates in the evaluation of network related products and systems
- Experience in designing and implementing high availability data center networks
- Provides recommendations to improve network security.
- Assists with Cisco UCS implementation and administration.
- Documents network problems and resolution for future reference.
- Follows and advocates change management procedures.
- Configures and maintains Cisco Voice over IP systems.
- Experience with Palo Alto and Cisco ASA firewalls
- Ability to develop an architectural strategy for all IT, including technology standardization and modernization, and aligning that strategy with business objectives
- Ability to translate business strategies into architecture requirements
- Ability to design and manage a complex enterprise application and technical architecture
- Ability to create and monitor budgets and allocate resources effectively for maximum performance
- Ability to influence senior IT and business leaders
- Strong communication, leadership, and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills (including strong skills with presentation tools)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong ability to analyze and solve problems (including strong skills with analytical tools)
- Strong team player who is able to work across multiple functions and disciplines
- Preferred - Cisco Certification