Job Title: Software Engineer
JOB ID: 19-03682
What you will do:
- Fulfill requests from the product team such as building upon our Unified Data Layer (UDL) product base, optimizing data processing via Spark/Scala, researching new innovation ideas.
- Optionally solve additional challenges in our service tier in NodeJS
- Write spark jobs and components in Scala programming language
- Regularly lead self and others and/or established as Product SME and/or established as specialist
- Works with product manager to maximize the components ROI
- Have a broad understanding of the external events that may impact applications or systems (networking, operations, etc.)
What you will need:
- 3+ years' experience in Big Data Hadoop, Hive and Spark with hands on expertise in design and implementation of high data volume solution
- Good knowledge of configuring Spark and working on multi node clusters and distributed data processing framework.
- Hands on knowledge of Big Data Analytics and Predictive Analytics
- Extremely agile with good knowledge of relational DWs as well as NoSQL DBs like, MongoDB etc.,
- Strong in Spark Scala pipelines (both ETL & Streaming)
- Proficient in Spark architecture
- Cloud developer experience in leading cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong development skills in Node.js for REST apis
- Experience with real-time data ingestion using streaming technologies such as Kafka and Kinesis.