Job Title: Spanish Translation/Copywriter
JOB ID: 20-03030
Houston or Plano (Remote)
The Spanish Translation/Copywriter will work on requests and is expected to clearly communicate project progress to clients. The ideal candidate must be a creative translator, as well as an excellent writer/proofreader, be proficient in both English and Spanish grammar, and have a deep understanding of Hispanic culture in Texas. He/she is an ambassador for the brand and ensures all Spanish messaging reflects the Reliant voice and is relevant for our audience.
- Translate, transcreate, edit and proofread copy for customer and prospect communication efforts including printed collateral, emails, web pages, scripts and in-bill communications.
- Think strategically to provide compelling solutions that meet the needs of key stakeholders and the Hispanic market.
- Maintain Client's brand image, voice, identity and communication style in all translations.
- Help maintain Spanish translation brand guidelines and contribute to improve them.
- Use his/her knowledge of regional differences across different Spanish-speaking countries and be able to produce translations that are acceptable to the widest possible audience.
- Make sound decisions about when accuracy and consistency should be the main goal in a translation and when a more creative approach to translation is needed (transcreation).
- Review Spanish-language content developed by agencies as needed to provide copywriting direction to maintain consistency with brand guidelines and ensure alignment with strategy.
- Assist creative agencies in producing Spanish-language TV, RD and digital content.
- Enable cross-collaboration among teams working in Spanish-language content to make sure expertise and key information is shared to improve customer experience for this audience.
- Balance competing priorities while meeting tight deadlines.
- Work with SDL Trados and help ensure that our translation memories are updated.
- Certified by the American Translators Association (English to Spanish)
- Experience in marketing and advertising
- Experience processing Adobe InDesign files in SDL Trados
- Experience managing translation jobs with outside vendors
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills in Spanish and English
- Strong attention to detail, organization and time management skills
- Ability to think strategically to provide solutions
- Ability to think and act proactively to plan ahead and anticipate setbacks
- Solid business acumen and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and perform in a deadline-sensitive environment
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects Ability to adapt to changing work environment
- Ability to effectively present information and gain buy-in
- Sets high expectations of self and work; self-motivated and resourceful
- At least 3-5 years' experience translating in an agency or in-house group