Job Title: SQL Developer
JOB ID: 20-00396
Genuent is hiring a SQL Developer for our direct client within the software industry in Southlake, TX . Qualified candidate should send their resume (Word format) to Rich Calhoun at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is not a DBA position rather a position for someone that wants to rewrite an existing Database.
This role is responsible for the analysis, design, development, testing, optimization and support of database objects in a Microsoft SQL Server environment.
- Design, develop, test, optimize, and implement database objects and any supporting T-SQL scripts using Microsoft SQL Server. This includes but is not limited to stored procedures, views, functions, data manipulation scripts.
- Analyze and understand the design and implementation of an existing database used by a complex ERP system.
- Recommend and provide guidance regarding database development, T-SQL best practices, and development standards to the development team members as needed. This includes but is not limited to providing assistance with T-SQL code and performance tuning, data manipulation scripting and ETL.
- Identify, analyze and resolve database performance issues
- Participate in the establishment of group standards and processes. Helps drive technology direction and choices of technologies by making recommendations based on experience and research.
- Mentors, supports and offers SQL guidance to other application development staff and team members.
- Minimum 10+ work experience and 7+ years of experience with SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 T-SQL coding.
- Experienced designing and implementing large-scale database solutions that are reliable, scalable, and perform at high levels
- Experience with advanced query design, stored procedures, views and functions
- Experience with index design and T-SQL performance tuning techniques
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Table Partitioning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Good understanding of how the Query Optimizer works in SQL Server 2014 and later
- Experience with RDBMS principles, database design and normalization
- Good understanding of SQL Server change tracking
- Previous experience with SSIS and SSRS is preferred
- Demonstrates initiative and works independently with minimal supervision
- Exposure to Database Administration i.e. Replication, BackupRestore strategies, Clustering, Log-shipping is a plus