Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer in Test
JOB ID: 19-01458
City: New Orleans
The Senior Software Engineer in Test is responsible for designing, developing, and analyzing automated test suites and tools for Accruent's real estate performance management software. Responsibilities include mentoring entry level Software Associates in Test, reviewing manual test suites for automation, and developing automation tools and utilities in a variety of programming languages for a web based enterprise application.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop automation by writing components, tools, and scripts to automate the owned test cases
- Develop powerful tools and automation systems to accelerate product development, ensuring long-term quality
- Automate existing black box tests (all tiers) for functional and performance uses
- Ensure the successful execution of the automated test suite.
- Ensure the teams and roles you work with are following the standards and best practices when working with QA
- Create test documentation (test strategies, plans, designs, scripts) derived from a variety of sources (business use cases, functional specifications, object models, relational diagrams, class diagrams, and system diagrams) to support individual and group testing efforts.
- Create feature test plans and cases, and supporting applications, harnesses, and automation to successfully test at the API, class, interface, data access, and application layers
- Assist in maintaining quality of work through regular code reviews
- Mentor entry level Software Associates in Test on engineering and company best practices
- Advocate for quality software development by influencing and improving upstream development processes, creating a proactive approach to quality in all its forms
- Analyzes test results to determine where application bugs exist and where tests need improvement
- 7+ years of test experience
- 4+ years of programing experience (C#, Java, Ruby, Python)
- 3+ years of test automation experience
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Physics or graduation from Technical School
- Experience with .NET Framework 4.5 and MS Visual Studio 2013
- Clear understanding of software development practices and lifecycles
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented concepts
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter
- Project and task oriented with a focus on details
- Ability to work well within a group or individually on projects
- Knowledge of industry testing/development best practices
- Agile Development Methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
- Scalable Enterprise Web Based Applications
- Automated Testing Using Python, PERL, Java, Robot Framework, Selenium, SQL, Jenkins, etc.
- Using unit test frameworks such as xUnit or JUnit
- Building mocks/stubs to perform isolated testing
- Mobile Platform Testing (Android, iOS, Windows Phone)
- UI/UX, CLI, Microservice, and API Testing
- Cloud IaaS Solutions (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
- Database Management Systems
- Linux and Windows Server/IIS Environments Testing
- Proven ability to write test automation frameworks or harnesses
- Experience with Crucible, Git, and Jenkins