Job Title: Systems Engineer – Oracle Unix/Linux/AIX
JOB ID: 19-04315
City: Los Angeles
*Email resumes directly to email@example.com
System Engineer | Banking | Downtown Los Angeles, CA
Direct-Hire/Permanent/FTE | Onsite Only | Los Angeles, CA
The Systems Engineer is responsible for configuring and maintaining servers and other infrastructure components within the environment. This is accomplished through the proactive monitoring of the server hardware and operating systems and installation of patches, service packs and other upgrades to ensure high level system availability. Dependent upon the job level (see leveling guide for additional responsibilities) the systems engineer may also be responsible for engineering enterprise solutions to meet business goals and objectives.
The Systems Engineer may also be responsible for managing infrastructure projects and providing the appropriate level of documentation to meeting Project Office and regulatory requirements.
- Provide oversight for new technology implementation and design.
- Provide proof of concept
- Write system documentation and architecture diagrams
- 3rd level support
- Research technologies
- Act as emergency support team as needed
- Work closely with vendors to implement solutions
- Write and submit bank standards/ policies when appropriate
- Make security recommendations
- Gather requirements and contribute to bank technology strategy
- Work closely with Information Security and project managers to deliver solutions on timelines
- Manage client expectations
- Mentor other systems engineers through leadership and cross training.
- Work in a team environment on project driven work with minimal supervision
- Minimum 8 years experience working with Information technologies required.
- Minimum 4 years experience working in an Information Systems Architect capacity required.
- Minimum 4 years working with TCP/IP, and WAN technologies required
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in Microsoft Environments
Skills and Knowledge:
- Expert understanding of System Center Configuration Management
- Expert understanding of Desktop Operating Systems, Productiviety Tools and Security
- Expert understanding of Active Directory and Group Policies
- Expert understanding of network architecture
- Expert understanding of Client/Server architectures
- Expert knowledge in UNIX/LINUX/AIX Operating Systems
- Expert knowledge supporting Oracle RAC and ODA systems
- Export knowledge supporting ACI Money Transfer System
- Ability to provide expert level of OS troubleshooting in Windows environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage vendor relationships
- Expert understanding of project management methodologies and procedures
- Experience supporting financial institution is a plus
- Scripting in different platforms
- Azure Cloud Experience