Job Title: Technical Lead
JOB ID: 19-04776
Genuent is hiring a Lead DevOps Engineer. This would be a direct hire opportunity located in Houston, TX. If this is something you might be interested in, please send your updated resume to Mike Sabo: Msabo@genuent.com
DevOps Technical Lead
Reporting to the Manager of Product Development, the Technical Lead is the leader of the team responsible to deploy real-time, highly available Micro-Service application running on Linux public cloud environment.
A Day in the Life of the Technical Lead - About the role:
- Provide leadership and direction but also have the technical capabilities to be able to provide hands-on contributions to the team.
- Work closely with engineering, cloud infrastructure and support teams to help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
- Create DevOps pipelines to deploy/maintain cloud-based applications which will run 24x7 with strict uptime and performance SLAs.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, operation and performance benchmarking.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with our dev, test and production environments.
- Demonstrate an ability to plan and lead as well as think on your feet as necessary.
- Experience working with scalable, high performance distributed systems.
- Experience with automation using GoCD and/or Jenkins.
- Experience with Containerization (Kubernetes, Docker).
- Familiarity with common cloud technologies (Google Cloud, AWS, Azure).
- Strong background in Linux.
- Knowledge of scripting (bash, ruby, python, etc.).
- Experience with RESTful Web Services.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Cassandra highly preferred).
- Java experience highly regarded.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- At least 3 years of working experience in Java.
- Prior work experience developing RESTFul Services and familiarity with Behavior Driven Development.
- Interest and ability to learn new technologies and frameworks.