Job Title: Web Developer I
JOB ID: 19-02759
Genuent is hiring a Web Developer for our direct client in Portland, OR area. This is a (6 month Contract) contract with a tentative start date of July, 1. Qualified candidates should send their resume (Word Format) along with salary requirements to Harold Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or please call 404-692-4435
We are staffing up a team of truly A-level players for this unique challenge and we're seeking an experienced UX/web software developer to be an integral part of this team. You will be bringing your years of experience in mobile and web development and strong skills in mobile hybrid application development. With those skills, you will be developing UI based components to enhance our mobile library and engaged in building mobile hybrid applications to use those components, in addition to providing mentorship and guidance for other members of the team. The review process will include reading and writing code in addition to meeting with the leadership and several senior software engineers and architects.
- Works with internal stakeholders such as Product Management, Client Care, and Compliance, as well as clients, to clearly define and document their requests.
- Assists with diagnosis/troubleshooting of reported problems pertaining to software developed team.
- Determines how to best implement the requested changes / customization. This may include working with Development staff, Product Managers, QA staff and / or other Business Analysts.
- Creates business requirements documentation / programming specifications with sufficient detail to enable application developers to complete the programming request.
- Ensures that the final user documentation effectively conveys the information the client needs.
- Tests / validates developed software solution to ensure that the completed product matches with the business requirements and operates correctly.
- Senior-level web application development - Application and Solutions development from design & development to consultation and support – HTML, CSS, Angular Material Design
- Make recommendations as to feasibility of implementation
- Design, develop and implement comprehensive testing strategies. A strong understanding of unit testing, mocking and integration testing is required.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize application design methodologies, tools and techniques to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Working with the application design team on high-level design.
- Participating in day to day low level design decisions.
- Enforcing application standards, best practices and tool usage as defined by the design team within the development team.
- Ensuring completion of code reviews.
- Collaborate with other IT managers to plan for needed resources and communicate updates to the centralized resource utilization plan as project conditions change
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Guide and mentor junior developers in developing code and workflow procedures and conduct code reviews.
- Perform general application development activities, including unit testing, code deployment to development environment and technical documentation.
- Works independently to support software through the entire software development lifecycle.
- Works on one or more projects, making contributions to unfamiliar code written by team members.
- Diagnose and resolve performance issues.
- Participates in estimation process, use case specifications, reviews of test plans and test cases, requirements, and project planning.
- Documents code/processes so that any other developer can dive in with minimal effort.
- Introduces tools and automates repetitive processes
Job Related Experience
- 3+ years Experience with Angular / AngularJS
- 5+ years of experience in HTML, CSS, and writing cross-browser compatible code.
- Familiarity with ngRx store and GraphQL is plus.
- Experience with RESTful services
- Familiar with testing frameworks (Ex. Jasmine)
- Test runner framework (Ex. Karma)
- Hand on and implements complex Angular applications, directives, controllers, services
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in developing responsive application for different devices like iOS, Android etc.
- Ability to work in a distributed team environment.
- Familiarity with Agile process is a must.
- Experience in the Financial sector is a plus
- May involve 10% travel.